Noted in Ski Canada’s 2009 annual “Best of” list, Batawa Ski Hill was established in 1959 by the employees of the nearby Bata Shoe Factory. This industrious group set to work on clearing trees, and then installed a handmade rope tow so that they could enjoy everything that this breathtaking landscape offered.
Batawa Ski Hill has come a long way since then. This outdoor winter gem now offers nine runs, from novice to experienced, including a terrain park with assorted rails, boxes, jibs and jumps.
A much-loved gathering place for families and friends, as well as ski and snowboard enthusiasts from the Quinte Region and beyond, it is also home to the Batawa Ski Racing Club, a competitive club with a reputation for winning across the province of Ontario.
- A Leitner-Poma quad chairlift that moves 2,400 people per hour
- Retro T-bar for special occasions!
- State-of-the-art grooming and snowmaking capabilities
- Nighttime skiing
- Rustic chalet slopeside with enhanced WiFi, rooftop patio, fireplace and the Batawa Bistro
- Snow school programs, with certified instructors, for all ages and abilities
- Rental shop with a full range of ski and snowboard gear
- Certified patrollers with the award-winning Canadian Ski Patrol’s Frontenac Zone